Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: How has September 11 changed you?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    How has September 11 changed you?

    Now, five years later how has 9-11 changed you? It has personally made me more aware of my surroundings. Anytime I get on a subway in a city or go to a huge sporting event you better believe I pay attention to the people around me. I guess I'm just more aware that it can happen, when I go to UT football games it hits me the most. Over 100K in one place, can you imagine the death toll of an attack there? It's never stopped me from going to an event or living my life but it's on my mind.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How has September 11 changed you?

    I know what you mean. I remember being the the Bristol race the Sunday after we started bombing Afghanistan. It was emotional, and patriotic, but also you always had that "what if" idea in your head considering you were a part of the largest concentration of people to gather since we started our attack.

    160,000 people waving Old Glory is pretty sweet though.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How has September 11 changed you?

    It made me hate terrorists/extremists a heck of alot more.
    Officially retired

  4. #4
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How has September 11 changed you?

    No impact at all on me.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How has September 11 changed you?

    It should have had an impact on everybody that cares about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. because thats what the terrorists were intending to take from us. they took some of the first one but they will never take the last two.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member ibe4warriors's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2005
    Posts
    957
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How has September 11 changed you?

    No way it couldn't have an effect on everyones life.I just don't see how anyone couldn't realise that one day it could all be gone.How could you be with your own family and not think about all the people that lost family that day?My heart goes out to each and everyone that lost a loved one that day.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/PHSfootballfan[/url]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How has September 11 changed you?

    Here is a very interesting video on the 9/11 attacks. I'm in the belief an explosion happened, I however cannot believe our government did it. [ame="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4194796183168750014&q=Septembe r+11&hl=en"]9/11 Video[/ame]
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How has September 11 changed you?

    Yes this date will forever be remembered in my mind. I remember waking up on that day to see the twin towers being hit and falling and wondering what building is next and why is this happening? Up until that day I never heard the name Bin Laden or all this hate he spilled toward americans and jews. Now years later I watch on TV all that happened that day, and I still cry at the images and the pain that so many of our men and women,children suffered that day.
    My opinion of Bin Laden is he has been free to only attack the US again. Our President failed the US IMO on capturing this man and stopping his agenda for killing the so called infadel's. Instead our President went after Sadaam, different man who in all honesty had nothing to do with 9/11. I don't care what the excuse our president uses about Sadaam, all of which is true-he is a mean man who hurt many people, but they were his own not the US. Now I am pleased Sadaam is in prison. But what ever happened to capturing Bin Laden and holding him responsible for the attack on 9/11? To me Bin Laden is a COWARD and so called UNBELIEVER.
    I hope Bush is happy cause he got the man that threatened his daddy, while the man who threatened all of AMERICA is still free to roam and bring only more tapes of promising attacks.
    It breaks my heart for all those americans that died on Sept.11, and it also breaks my heart for all the men and women who have died in Iraq just to appease our President and his daddy. Nothing can replace the pain caused on 9/11, but the arrest or death of Bin Laden is a good way to start a healing for so many broken families that was torn apart that morning of Sept.11.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How has September 11 changed you?

    Normally I agree with most of what you have to say juggernaut but what you are saying about saddam being a threat to his own people only is just wrong. Any dictator who suppresses and kills their own people and favors totalitarianism and fascism while trying to stomp out freedom and democracy is not only a threat to their own people but to the world. That ideaology breeds violent extremism and hatred and extremism combined with hatred breeds terrorism. Any country that also sponsors terrorism whether be financially or by other means is a threat to the world. Saddam may not have been directly linked with 9/11 and may not have played any part whatsoever that will never be known for sure because there is no way to find out absolutely. And while I agree Bin Laden is the bigger fish that got away and is still trying to be caught Saddam was a pretty good one to stuff and mount in my opinion. Brutal dictators who sponsor and breed terrorism should not be allowed to stay in business if we can do anything about it.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    941
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: How has September 11 changed you?

    Sadaam is a threat I agree. But my point is that he wasn't coming onto our home ground and threatening us. He loved control and that is why he was such a brutal president in his own land. Please don't think I am not happy he has been caught and put into prison and out of control. I am pleased. I just believe that President Bush didn't do things in the right order. Going after Sadaam is one thing, but putting so much emphasis on him and not Bin Laden is a joke to me. Bin Laden threatened the US with tapes before 9/11 though not much was known about it until after the attacks on the WTC. And still more tapes are being made and shown for the whole world to see. He was not stopped then and therefore my personal opinion is that Bin Laden is more of a threat toward the US than Sadaam was.
    What kind of a man would protect another home first and not his own? Same with our President, before he goes and protects a country of their evil and brutal ruler why did he not protect his own country first? Bin Laden personally showed his face in these tapes to show the whole world that one he could attack the US and two get by with it. He didn't hide his face in these tapes and he isn't now either. How much time/years does any evil leader of a country need to take out such attacks? Bin Laden should have been caught first, not Sadaam. With all the man power we used to catch Sadaam and still are using it is huge compared to the evil ruler Bin Laden and the forces of the US that is being used to sniff him out.
    If a man threatened my neighbor then that would not affect me much compared to if a man threatened my house and kids.
    Too much money, lives and years have been spent in this war with Sadaam. Why was that not spent on a war getting Bin Laden? Maybe another air attack or some other attack on the US from Bin Laden then another tape following with him laughing at our President will open Bush's eyes. But I doubt it very seriously, cause Bush got the man Sadaam for his daddy. If he could walk out of his reign as president happy for just one thing he accomplished then you better believe he can now over catching Sadaam. His first concern should have been for the safety of his country (the US). Not the concern of getting even for his daddy. That is how I see it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •